Thursday, January 26, 2012

Only in Alaska.......

Ok so at the moment, my face is freezing. I'll tell you why.

Me and my mother had to go down under our house to plug in some heat tapes so our pipes wouldn't freeze. There was a tremendous amount of ice around this one pipe.We were looking all around and this light bulb didn't work so I went to go get another one. Guess what? She locked the door so I had to go out and try to get some keys from my dad house. His door was locked so my dad called one of his friends to help us. My dads in Anchorage. We were standing around and waiting so I looked around and grabbed a wrench and started hitting the ice. There was like 7 inches of ice. I got quite far before my dads friend came over and helped us. He went and got the keys and I kept working at the ice. He got the keys so my mom went into the house and I stayed to help. He hit the ice for awhile with a hammer and we stopped it dripping. So he said he would bring a space heater over tomorrow and thaw it all out. So we all went home........

BUT THEN! My dad called and said that his friend was coming over again and we had to get heat tape cords out of the nearly SEVEN inches of ice. It took quite awhile. But after taking turning of shipping away with a hammer and a chisel, we finally got it.

I bet tomorrow, my arms, my chest and my joints are gonna hurt because we were hitting that ice pretty hard. But I would rather deal with that kind of stress then emotional. I can shovel snow for a couple hours and be fine but I hate emotional stress. Well that's my story for today.

An "Only in Alaska Story" :) I don't mind, makes life exciting

No comments:

Post a Comment