Monday, February 13, 2012

Juneau

All last week I was at Juneau for the Alaska Close Up. I learned a lot about our system of government and I got to meet a lot of new people. I also got sick -__-

Close Up was lots of fun. I learned A LOT about government. We learned about bills, senators, representatives, and what everyone does. Me and my friend, Erin, got to meet our representative and our senator and we showed them a project about a community problem. Ours was about all the old heavy equipment in our village that can't be used anymore. Both of our representative and senator told us that it was more of a local project and to talk to our village council.

It was a lot of fun, I made some new friends too. There was only 20 kids there and there was supposed to be about 40. I personally liked the smaller group better. Next year I am going to try to be an intern there.

I sadly do not get to play basketball :( My parents didn't want me traveling because I have already been gone a week and I'm sick. I do want to go but I can't. They have also combined the jamboree and districts so I do not get to play basketball at all this year. -__- I hate travel sometimes.

But this weekend, I get to go up to King Salmon and learn how to weld. So I'm excited about that. But from there, I travel straight to anchorage for spring break. We get to be there for the Fur Rondy. I've never been there before but my mom says its fun and there are a lot of things to do.

Well not much else has happened so yea :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment